March 2014: Project Notice filed with the MDDELCC
2014-2015: Evaluation and consultation process for the project:
- April 29, 2015: First information and consultation session organized by MIFFC in Montreal East: Introduction and description of the promotor, presentation of the project, and a question and answer period with the public
- July 9, 2015: Second information and consultation session organized by MIFFC in Montreal East: Presentation of preliminary results of the environmental impact study and analysis of technological risks, followed by a question and answer period with the public
- November 6, 2015: Submission of the environmental impact study by MIFFC to the MDDELCC
- February 2016: Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal (CMM) public information session on the MIFFC project
- March 22, 2016: Deadline for the submission of project memoirs to the CMM.
- April 5, 2016: CMM public consultation sessions
- End of May 2016: Tabling of CMM report on the MIFFC project
- November 28, 2017 to January 12, 2018: Information Period with the Bureau d’audiences publiques en environnement (BAPE)
- 2019 : Authorization of the project by order-in-council of the Government of Quebec.
- 2019-2020: Process for obtaining permits, certifications and other required approvals from regulatory bodies.
- 2020 : Start of work (preliminary date)
- 2023: Planned commissioning
- Future phase: Construction and commissioning of 3 additional tanks (Phase 2)