March 2014: Project Notice filed with the MDDELCC
2014-2015: Evaluation and consultation process for the project:
- April 29, 2015: First information and consultation session organized by MIFFC in Montreal East: Introduction and description of the promotor, presentation of the project, and a question and answer period with the public
- July 9, 2015: Second information and consultation session organized by MIFFC in Montreal East: Presentation of preliminary results of the environmental impact study and analysis of technological risks, followed by a question and answer period with the public
- November 6, 2015: Submission of the environmental impact study by MIFFC to the MDDELCC
- February 2016: Communauté métropolitaine de Montréal (CMM) public information session on the MIFFC project
- March 22, 2016: Deadline for the submission of project memoirs to the CMM.
- April 5, 2016: CMM public consultation sessions
- End of May 2016: Tabling of CMM report on the MIFFC project
- November 28, 2017 to January 12, 2018: Information Period with the Bureau d’audiences publiques en environnement (BAPE)
- 2018-2020: Engineering and construction of Phase I of the project, including 5 storage tanks at the terminal
- 2021: Anticipated project commissioning.
- To be confirmed: Construction and commissioning of 3 additional tanks – Phase 2.